JOB TITLE: Retail Sales Associate
LOCATION: Rockford, IL.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time- Non- Exempt
SALARY: Competitive Salary Based on Experience
SUMMARY: The Retail Sales Associate will cover the market in the Rockford area to include North to Beloit, WI. and as far south to North Aurora, IL. Develops relationships with store managers/personnel to achieve directed short and long-term performance objectives at assigned stores within a geographic territory. Activities center on wall-to-wall sales coverage including problem solving related to out-of-stocks, new item speed-to-shelf, schematic compliance, item and pricing surveys, promotion selling and product merchandising, resulting in incremental sales volume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Selling incremental volume:
- Sells promotional surveys for displays at retail stores and indirect accounts
- Sells incremental quantities for display of force-out orders and obtains maximum support for promoted product.
- Sells additional product based on opportunities observed.
- Interfaces with targeted store-level/district level retail operations personnel to execute business opportunities.
- Manages financial resources in fiscally responsible manner.
- May sell new items and promotions at indirect accounts.
Selling improved retail shelf conditions:
- Identifies and corrects voids.
- Ensures that new items are cut in as detailed in any new item releases.
- Merchandizes manufacturer’s products to obtain schematic compliance and/or best practices.
- Packs out shelves, rotates product, and manages unsaleable product.
- Resolves systemic problems related to out-of-stock/voids.
- Makes and/or replaces shelf tags.
Selling improved inventory at point-of-sales:
- Builds/restocks displays as needed.
- Utilizes all consumer conversion tactics available including: IRC placement, coupon distribution, recipe cards, and tear pads.
- Insures pricing compliance.
- Verifies that scanning prices reflect current promotional allowances and zone pricing.
- Reports competitive price changes and promotional support.
- Develops proper relations and rapport with store managers and personnel within territory to maximize sales results.
- Interfaces with customers and consumers as a representative of the manufacturer and broker.
- Communicates competitive and market activity to management.
- Utilizes supplied technology to report on results.
- Sets and reviews performance against objectives with Sales Manager
Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must have ample home space to store samples required for this position.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and sales skills with the ability to work effectively with team members, peers, management and external customer contacts.
- Basic Office (Outlook, Excel) functionality comprehension required and proficient in managing Outlook e-mail and calendar, as well as excel basic workbooks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of current auto insurance and be able to drive a car for extended periods of time.
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the job; crawl and/or climb, stand (up to 33%), frequently pull, bend and/or stop, kneel, push, walk (33-66%), continuously use hands and/or legs for repetitive motion, lift – up to 10 lbs. (sedentary level), 11-25 lbs. (light level), greater than 25 lbs. (medium work level) (up to 75%).
- Must be willing and able to work in extremely cold environmental conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores).
- Must be able to operate to operate a computer, calculator, fax machine, telephone, paper cutter, copier, hammer, screwdriver, drill, case cutter, hand truck.
- Varied work week, may include evenings and/or weekends.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 year’s sales related and/or consumer goods industry experience preferred.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Medical Flexible Spending Account
• Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off & 9 Paid Holidays
• Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D
• Employee Assistance Program
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability