|JOB TITLE: Sales Support Personnel
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Non-Exempt
SALARY: Competitive salary based on experience
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sales Support Personnel (SSP) is responsible for a variety of administrative duties necessary to run an organization efficiently. The SSP will work closely with the Business Manager to drive increased sales results for our vendors and client through proactive communication, timely execution of sales related activity and coordinated teamwork.
- Utilize proactive problem solving to address customer service issues on accounts or with client
- Completes New Item Setup and price changes
- Updates planning grids with new items and price changes
- Responsible for DSD Item Maintenance: new vendor/ item setup, price changes, and promotions
- Promotional Maintenance: entering and submitting promotions into Tradepoint
- Responsible for new vendor setup, including EDI, carbon copies of orders, and setup in Tradepoint
- Vendor Maintenance – responsible for keeping vendors up-to-date on client processes and changes, such as Project Mercury/GTIN conversion
- Maintain knowledge of client system: fines and deduction process
- Tracking and reconciling Purchase Orders between vendors and client
- Maintains regular check of accuracy in Genweb
- Assists Business Manager with additional administrative tasks, including but not limited to special vendor requests
- Regular attendance at work
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Strong computer skills; in Microsoft Word, Advanced Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook
- Advanced Customer Service skills, including proactive problem solving
- Ability to effectively communicate with upper management within our company as well as with vendors on any issue which may arise from order issues to deduction/repayment
- Ownership mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness, ability and flexibility to work independently and as a team
- Deadline driven
- Discretion and good judgment
- Accuracy and sensitivity to detail
- Exhibits initiative to assist the Business Manager when opportunities arise
- Equivalent work experience
- Associates Degree is preferred but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Extensive viewing of computer screens.
- Business Casual as defined by our policy and HR Dress Guidelines
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off & 9 Paid Holidays
- Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Job Type: Full-time