|Job Title: Senior Business Manager – Multicultural
Location: Newport, KY.
Classification: Regular Full-time, Exempt
Salary: Competitive Salary Based on Experience
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary role of a Senior Business Manager is to increase commissions from our vendor clients. This is accomplished by increasing the sales of our vendor client’s products by retailer and increasing our territories or areas of representation across the retailer enterprise. Additionally, the Business Manager is responsible for identifying and establishing sales-representation agreements with new vendor clients. The Sr. Business Manager is responsible for managing and developing the sales team and fill in when the VP of Sales is not available.
- Manage and develop the sales team including, business managers and sales support personnel.
- Lead a regular strategic assessment of existing and potential sales channels and products maximizing the sales and profitability of our manufacturer partners
- Maintain on-going contact with our vendor clients concerning opportunities, deadlines, sales performance updates, and other information necessary to effectively manage and grow their business
- Cultivate an ownership mentality within the department
- Develop an understanding of company and departmental business strategies in order to identify and maximize growth opportunities within the organization
- Provide forecasts, budgets, and projections for department performance
- Provide forecasts, budgets and projections on-demand as needed for our manufacturing partners
- Work closely with our analytical sales support teams to create persuasive analyses for the express purpose of meeting the objectives of our manufacturer partners and growing baseline sales and profitability for the manufacturer, retailer and Harlow-HRK
- Remain responsive to the needs of retailer and our manufacturer partner.
- Identify and establish sales-representation agreements with new manufacturer partners
- Client identification and product positioning
- Task assigned by business needs and supervisor
- Regular attendance at work
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Business Manager
- Must be able to successfully manage, motivate, coach and direct the sales team
- Supervisory experience is a plus
- Prior work experience with a consumer product company or in grocery retail environment is a plus
- Knowledge of retail grocery systems and operations is highly desirable
- Ability and flexibility to work closely with a team
- Strong, motivational, innovative and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Client Sales Processes preferred
- Experience developing markets for new products a plus
- Experience Selling Service / Intangible Products
- Exceptional Leadership, Business & Communication Skills
- Desire to Close New Jobs
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and proactive in a constantly changing industry
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills along with the ability and desire to create and deliver effective persuasive presentations are required to meet company objectives
- Great time management skills, with sensitivities to deadlines
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurance
- Business Acumen
- Cooperation/ Teamwork
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Critical Thinking
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, however commensurate business experience will be considered as well as formal education.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Extensive viewing of computer screens
- As defined by business necessity and office protocol
Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off & 9 Paid Holidays
- Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability