JOB TITLE: Sr. Client Manager- Fresh
LOCATION: Chicago, IL.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Exempt
SALARY: Competitive salary based on experience
SUMMARY: Responsible for building relationships within the food industry for business growth; brand management in the marketplace for manufacturers and assigned lines; calling on major grocery chain headquarters within the region. Primary focus will be products Fresh (i.e.: produce, dairy, meat, etc.) items and categories. A candidate for this position should have experience (at least three years) in the food brokerage industry managing brands and building relationships within major grocery chain headquarters. A Regional Manager with strong experience with a manufacturer would also qualify.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds strong relationships within the grocery industry, with manufacturers as well as grocery chain decision makers.
- Oversees projects associated with assigned accounts, including but not limited to new business development, internal and external communications.
- Builds relationships with key decision makers; acts as liaison for internal and external communications with assigned clients.
- Ensures reporting and communications are frequent and bi-directional.
- Manages ongoing conference calls, provides regular status reports and manages task lists and progress on assigned accounts for all projects
- Identifies revenue opportunities within assigned accounts through communications, programs and other activities as needed, and collaborates with internal and external resources to drive sales.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Strong sales and customer relations.
- Significant experience required in one or more fresh categories- Meat, Seafood, Produce, Deli or Bakery and Prepared foods.
- Demonstrated follow-through skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and lines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrates effective negotiation and closing.
- Strong analytical skills to determine key business opportunities and create strategic solutions that focus on category growth.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members, peers, management and external customers.
A bachelor’s degree preferred in Marketing, Business or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
Experience managing manufacturer’s brands and calling on grocery store headquarters: 3 years
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off & 9 Paid Holidays
- Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability