JOB TITLE: Vice President of Revenue Accounting (A/R and Billing)
LOCATION: Boise, ID.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time / Exempt
SALARY: Competitive Salary Based on Experience
Impact Group, located in Boise Idaho, is looking for an experienced VP of Revenue Accounting to join the team at our Corporate office. The qualified candidate will be able to work in a collaborate environment whose primary focus is to assist in accounts receivable, billing, collections and related activities.
Impact Group is a dynamic and growing leading grocery broker in the CPG industry. With multiple locations and teams situated strategically across the United States, we provide food broker representation for thousands of products from a wide array of remarkable CPG industry brands.
- Oversee the billing and collections process located in multiple offices.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of revenue
- Maintain up-to-date billing system, generate and send out invoices as applicable
- Follow up on, collect and allocate receipts
- Develop and maintain appropriate controls.
- Ensure accurate revenue recognition and implement new FASB guidance
- Develop and maintain analyses for complex revenue recognition processes
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Generate aging analysis and reporting
- Work closely with Business Managers on new business and changes in customer agreements
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Create and follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc.
- Process adjustments
- Communicate with clients via phone, email, mail or personally
- Manage month-end closing
- Collect data and prepare monthly metrics
- Recruit, train and manage a talented staff in several offices across the country
- Identify and implement process and system improvements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance
- Knowledge of accounts receivable and revenue recognition
- Ideal candidate will have experience with ERP systems and have advanced Excel skills.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Minimum of 5 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
- Key Competencies
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Information management
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team member
- Stress tolerance
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to multitask
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off & 9 Paid Holidays
- Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Job Type: Full-time