Kroger hosted its fourth annual Natural Foods Innovation Summit on November 8th in Cincinnati, Ohio. The event was sponsored by Harlow HRK/Impact Group, VMG Capital and 84.51. 60 vendors and 50-75 Kroger Category Managers attended the event.
- New and innovative products
- Little to no distribution at Kroger
- Ability to scale up quickly or ready for prime time
- Success in other retailers, channels or countries
- Categories up for review at Kroger in January – April time frame
Seth Goldman, Co-Founder of Honest Tea and Executive Chairman of Beyond Meat, was the keynote speaker. He spoke about the importance of sustainability in the food industry and shared best practices for operating a mission-driven company.